This is a Chinese artist called Hoi Chiu, his art works include performing art, director, painter, etc. I can not find a very good quality version of his art work online, so here I want to show one of his performing art works. This is a sand painting work involved projecting his live creation of sand painting onto a large canvas on the floor. The concept of this sand painting work is trying to express the feeling of being controlled by invisible lines, like a kite or a puppet. He then collaborated with a famous Chinese singer who then sang and acted on the canvas while the artist constantly changed the images he created to match what the artist was singing about.
- 2011/12 edition
- art practice as research
- art research essays 2007-2011
- #106 (no title)
- Barbara Hammer: tender fictions
- The Marco Polo Syndrome
- World as Archive
- Globalisation as universal Art
- Travelling Images: Memory, Time and the Analogue Media Experience.
- Indian Arts on Film
- My approach to documentary making
- Project CrashBack – in The Everyday
- writing about the research dimension of artistic practice
- new journal “Sensate”
- Globalisation as Artist Theory
- essay map: next deadline is january 11 2012
- Artist redefined
- Transexperience and Artist’s life
- Can artist be theorist? (Week 4- Artist as Theorist)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.